Re: THE DEFINITIVE CAM & MOD TEST

>Muhahaha.... Jason's been at it again.

Oh man... :)

>A few people innocently provided me with their Dyno Sheets over the
>past few months, and I finally got everything entered in Excel.
>Guess what?

Hey, you said you 'just wanted to look'!   (kidding)

>Jason Cammisa	1.8 16v Stock
>Ben Harder	1.8 16v with Euro Cam, TT Exhaust, running perfectly rich, K&N
>Riley McDowall	2.0 16v, no cat, Jamex box, Supersprint header,
>Schrick 276 Cam, P+P Head and Intake
>Jason Brunberg	2.0 16v, no cat, shaved head, some downpipe, light P+P
>Brett VanSprew	2.0 16v, Motronic, 2008cc, balanced, P+P, decked
>head, Schrick 260, adj cam, TT downpipe & exh.
>
>As you can see just from that, the engines are *very* different.
>Wait till you see the torque curves.
>
>My personal awards:
>
>Best Street Racer:  Brunberg, hands down -- look at that fucking torque!
>Best Track Car:  McDowall -- mind you, he's changed a lot of things
>since then and should be putting even more power to the ground, even
>though he beat the next best by *13*hp without tuning the damn car
>right!!!
>Best All-Around Speedster:  VanSprewenburg, of course.  Nice low-end
>torque (2nd place) coupled with nice high-end power (2nd place).

Odd that this is *exactly* what I was trying to build. :)  Streetable
power that I can live with day to day, and occasionally beat the crap out
of many of the other cars on the road. :-)

>SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE MOTRONIC MAKES?
>
>This graph shows Brett's before-and-after charts -- and the Motronic
>Conversion paid off! Slight power gains in the low- and mid-range
>(ignore the values before 1800) and an easy 12hp gain in the top
>end.  Way to go Brett! Now all you have to do is get another 12hp to
>touch McDowall! :)

Not a problem I think.  Add a Techtonics racing downpipe and no-cat like
the other guys, and a set of lightweight / underdrive Unorthodox pulleys
and I think I can pull out another 9-12hp.  Mix in an asymmetric
exhaust cam, and who knows how well it'll do. :-]  Maybe I'll pop in
the Garrett race chip (I have two Motronic Garrett chips) next year!

>GO FOR IT!:
>

>http://www.crosswinds.net/~scirocco16v/

Thanks Jason, entertaining as always.

>Enjoy guys!!!