THE DEFINITIVE CAM & MOD TEST

Muhahaha.... Jason's been at it again.

A few people innocently provided me with their Dyno Sheets over the past
few months, and I finally got everything entered in Excel.  Guess what?

That means it's time to examine what certain mods do to your engine! :)

At the very bottom of my crosswinds site, you'll find 2 links:

THE DEFINITIVE CAM & MOD TEST:  Links to a graph of the torque curve (i.e.
the important one) of 5 very different cars:

Jason Cammisa	1.8 16v Stock
Ben Harder		1.8 16v with Euro Cam, TT Exhaust, running perfectly rich, K&N
Riley McDowall	2.0 16v, no cat, Jamex box, Supersprint header, Schrick 276
Cam, P+P Head and Intake
Jason Brunberg	2.0 16v, no cat, shaved head, some downpipe, light P+P
Brett VanSprew	2.0 16v, Motronic, 2008cc, balanced, P+P, decked head,
Schrick 260, adj cam, TT downpipe & exh.

As you can see just from that, the engines are *very* different.  Wait till
you see the torque curves.

My personal awards:

Best Street Racer:	Brunberg, hands down -- look at that fucking torque!
Best Track Car:	McDowall -- mind you, he's changed a lot of things since
then and should be putting even more power to the ground, even though he
beat the next best by *13*hp without tuning the damn car right!!!
Best All-Around Speedster:  VanSprewenburg, of course.  Nice low-end torque
(2nd place) coupled with nice high-end power (2nd place).

SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE MOTRONIC MAKES?

This graph shows Brett's before-and-after charts -- and the Motronic
Conversion paid off! Slight power gains in the low- and mid-range (ignore
the values before 1800) and an easy 12hp gain in the top end.  Way to go
Brett! Now all you have to do is get another 12hp to touch McDowall! :)

GO FOR IT!:

http://www.crosswinds.net/~scirocco16v/

Enjoy guys!!!
Jason