Re: What thermostat/fan switch are you running in your 16v?

I use the stock thermostat (the original one, actually), with a low-temp
switch ($13?) from Mark @ Adirondack.  I believe the fan switch is 5'C
cooler than the stock -- 82' instead of 87'C or something like that?

Anyways, the car runs great.  Slightly above the LED on the temp guage
almost all of the time.  The fan will come on and stay on "Low" in slow
driving coniditions at warm ambient air tems (over 70'F, say), and will
click on "High" when the guage reaches 2/3 of its travel.

No more sitting in traffic with the gauge pegged at the top mark! :)

Oil temps have stayed the same -- average of 112'C.

Jason

At 08:39 PM 10/24/00 , you wrote:
>  I am about to choose a thermostat for a 16v 1984cc engine.  I'd like to
>know
>  which temp thermostat and fan switch (activation temp) people use.
>
>  -PK
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

1987 Scirocco 16v