Re: KP/CM2...VDO gauge questions

I have one of those guages too, and no, the sender works totally opposite
of the normal VDO.  It varies - to the guage but the opposite of what
other senders do.  A normal VDO sender gives the guage less resistance to
ground ( - ) as the oil pressure rises.  While these wierd KP/CM2 ones
give MORE resistance to ground as the pressure increases...

So you see, with no guage lead hooked up you have infinate resistance to
ground, therefore a pegged guage.  PLEASE let me know if you find a source
for the correct sender.  Mine is shot.

Eric

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, S.Coleman wrote:

> Ok,...I thought I could figure this one out,...but I guess not.  The KP/CM2
> gauge was going to go in today because one of my gauges crapped out.  The
> three terminals on the back of the gauge were Pos, neg, and "gauge".  So I
> hooked up the power and ground....left the gauge side unhooked and turned
> the key to apply power,....the needle on the gauge pegs to the right.  WTF?
> Shouldn't it stay to the left until it gets a signal from the pressure
> switch?  Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Chris

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)