Help!--What side of block piston squirters?

I need help from you fellow Vdub fans...

I'm still working on sourcing the correct cast pistons (higher compression
ratio) for my 2 liter, 8 valve, UQ block. I do have some in hand, but the
notch for the piston squirter is on the wrong side of the piston.

Those of you that have seen the internals of any VW motors with piston
squirters, please tell me which side of the motor the squirters were located
on as you look from the front of the block (the distributor side), at the
top of the block, down through the bores.

In my block they are located in a five o'clock position. The pistons I
received have a notch for a squirter in the one o'clock postion.

Now I'm getting conflicting stories as to where the squirter is located on a
"typical" VW block. I just don't understand how (or why) VW/Audi would have
changed the location of the oil line that supplies the squirters.

If I can't find the "right" pistons, I will have to mill the skirt on the
other side of each piston so that it clears my oil squirter. Although it's
not a HUGE deal, I'd rather not do it.

Please also send any responses to this email to my home email,
"theron@tns.net"

TIA,
--Theron