Re: ?Insurance issues

I think I might have relayed this story before, so if I did, I do
apologize...

I called my insurance company to find out why my Scirocco (which is
older, worthless and driven half as much as my Jetta) costs twice as much
to insure.  they said "It's a sports car."  Well, back in 1988, my father
bought a '74 Porsche 911, and the insurance company (the same one, I
might add) said the 911 was too old to be a "sports car", so the rates
for that were the same as the '82 Nissan Stanza we had then.

It all brings me to this question:  How is a 14 year old Porsche too old
to be a sports car, when an 18 year old VW isn't?

Also, does this mean rates on my 944 will drop next year?

Yeah, I know they've probably changed how they apply  their rates since
then, but it's still an interesting story...

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
'87 Porsche 944