Re: removing trim...good/bad idea?

I took the pinstripes and trim off my 86 8v and it
looks sweet! There are no holes underneath as its just
stuck on with double-sided tape (which is a bitch to
remove). After I got the trim off, I used a heat gun
and chemicals to remove the tape which remained on the
car. I then washed, polished and waxed the car with my
trusty buffer at work (I'm a detailer) and that was
it.

The only drawback to removing the trim is getting hit
in a parking lot by some moron who flings open their
door right into your happy 'rocco. The trim DOES
protect your car to some degree.

It's up to you.

adam l
86 8v