Re: engine mounts

 Wrong!  The 8v mounts are a smaller diameter than the 16v mounts and may be
a smaller width also.  The 16v mount is alot more expensive than the 8v
mount also, so something has to be different.  When I had to replace my
mount
I checked the dimensions of the other mounts and found that the diesel mount
was identical.  I think the numbers on the mount were even the same!!  The
only difference I could see was that maybe the diesel mount was heavier
duty!!  And, guess what, the diesel mount was alot cheaper!!!  Use the
diesel mount.  The one I put into my car has weathered my drag racing and
screwing around on the streets for a year and a half without any problems
(although I did just brake my front mount bracket yesterday).  HTH!!

 Dave