Questions after swapping rear rotors...

Title: Questions after swapping rear rotors...

Anybody have an 'easy-to-fix' reason why my parking brake light is still lit after disengaging it to install new rear rotors and pads?  First it was fine, then I would have to jostle the handbrake lever to get it to go off, them it would just stay on no matter what.  I thought that not re-installing it (for the short term only) would at least make the light go away.  Thanks for any help.

Christopher
87 16V