Re: Questions after swapping rear rotors...

> Christopher Mueller wrote:
>
> Anybody have an 'easy-to-fix' reason why my parking brake light is
> still lit after disengaging it to install new rear rotors and pads?
> First it was fine, then I would have to jostle the handbrake lever to
> get it to go off, them it would just stay on no matter what.  I
> thought that not re-installing it (for the short term only) would at
> least make the light go away.  Thanks for any help.
>
> Christopher
> 87 16V

Sound like the switch under the handbrake lever is funky, it gets rained
on with lots of debris over the years. Try cleaning it out with contact/
tuner cleaner and see what happens- Too, it may just be misaligned and
won't get fully depressed by the downward travel of the lever. Hard to
tell from here. :)

BTW- Are you sure the light is not trying to tell you something about
the state of your braking system in general? Better check, it may not be
the handbrake portion at all.

TBerk