Re: price/hp

>Anyone have any idea how fast you can go for how much money with a
>16v?  In terms of hp/torque, 1/4 mile times (minus nitrous), etc...
>just looking for some real world results.
>
>Thanks
>Joe

The price / hp ratio of the VW 16v isn't really that good IMO.  As I've
mentioned in the past, I've spent a large amount of money on my engine,
and it's still probably around 180hp.  I'll know more exactly next week,
and I'm still not done spending.   I don't want to iterate through
each and every cost item, but you can _easily_ spend 5-6 thousand on
your motor on rebuilds, pistons, cams, head work, exhaust, engine
management, not to mention the many many new stock parts like gaskets,
belts, and hoses.  How fast do you want to go?

I'll report in next week on how much power I'm putting down.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net