Re: price/hp

If your car is a stock 16v I suggest the first thing you save up for is the
2.0 bottom end and a good downpipe and exhaust .

My car previously was dynoed at 126 HP to the wheels with a car weight of
2000 lbs including driver I was able to achive a best of 14.2 in the quarter
. My only engine mods were a full race TT exhaust on a stock motor originally
rated at 134 to the crank . The guys running the dyno guessed I had around
150 to the crank .

Recently I added a rebuilt slightly reworked (by me) 1.8 head and have yet to
dyno that .

I belive the Mad Bastard has achived similar results on his similarly
prepared MK1 .

Weight seems to be a major contributing factor to going fast in a straight
line .

Jasin
race ready MK1