Teardrop Rims Refinished

Here's a quick tale for anyone interested:

Just got my four original teardrop alloy rims from my 16V Roc
refinished.  Went with Wheels America in Stanton, Calif.

Although it took them several attempts to get things right, the final
results are quite impressive.  Cost was $125 per rim (including
mount/balance for tire).  New teardrops cost $250!  Resulting finish is
a bit shinier than the stock appearance, but looks much better with the
shine, almost like chrome.  They use a powder coat for their clear coat
finish which is suppose to be more durable.  The new clear coat appears
clearer than the stock finish.

Also bought 4 new OEM centercaps (@ $48.00 a piece!) to complement the
'new' rims.  (I now have 4 used caps in good to very good condition if
anyone is interested.)

Although I was hesitant to do the refinish orginally, based on my
experience, I'd give Wheels America a thumbs up.

Jay Bichanich
86.5 Scirocco 16V Tornado Red (Original owner)