[8v][starter questions]

Okay so here's the deal.  I have an 82 Scirocco with a RD engine (ie. high
compression) swapped into it with a shaved head (ie. higher compression).  I
am in the process of rebuilding the engine because I seem to have toasted a
bearing a while ago.  My intentions are to replace pretty much everything in
the engine bay because I plan on selling the car.  My question is this...

My starter is a little hesitant on starting the car despite all the tricks
being done (extra grounds, bigger wires, etc...) I figure this is because of
the high compression, yes? no?  If so would it be benificial for me to put a
newer or new diesel starter on the car because these starters seem to be a
bit beefer because of the compression ratios on the cars they are meant to
start?  Or am I completely off the mark here and missing the reason behind
my hard starting.  Any help is muchly appreciated...TIA

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 8v (heartless and waiting to be put back together)
85 Scirocco 8v (being used for paint practise :)