Re: what kind of 'rocco?

>From: Adam L <abyssius@yahoo.com>

>I've had my scirocco for 3 years now and I STILL don't
>know what I've got (gtx, storm, etc).

I'll tell you what 'ya got. Simply put, the finest automobile ever designed
in the history of the world, possibly the in entire universe.

heh, so that might be biased, but WTF.

Anyway, where are you located? In the US, we got many fewer styles than in
Europe. Is it a MK1 or a MK2? The MK1 had the "Scirocco", the "Scirocco S"
and one variant of the Scirocco (78?) called the "Champagne Edition" All
just trim packages. I'm probably forgetting some obscure models.
The MK2 Basically was the 8V or the 16V. The 8V had a "Wolfsburgh Edition"
in 84 and 85 (I think). Newbies sometimes mistakenly think there is a
"Karmann Edition" but this is just the basic model, they were all built by
Karmann.
Odds are you've got a MK2 8V. I'd guess 83 or 84. These are just "Scirocco"
but that doesn't make them any less fun to drive.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8