Re: compression test results

>so today i ran a compression test on my 16v and come up with the
>following results...these number are an average of the 3 tests i ran
>178
>130
>138
>145
>
>so does this seem like good evidence that i have a faulty head
>gasket, or should i be looking somewhere else...i think it is the
>head gasket because of the test results and also it smells like i
>might be burning something (coolant) when i stick my head under the
>car  TIA
>
>-doug

Not that I'm saying you did anything wrong, but exactly how did you
perform your compression test?  Hot or cold? Tbody open?  Coil
disconnected and grounded?  Wet cylinders or dry?  Any oil in your
coolent tank?  White puff of smoke during start up or on throttle opening?

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net