RE: Mk1 Seals/body rubber (I HAVE A SOURCE!!!!)

> Speaking of Mk1 seals and gaskets, guess what all?  I found a source...
> http://www.veeparts.com
>
> The owner is Gerry, he has two stores in CA. <snip>
> Have fun all!
>
> Eric

Don't get too excited...What VeeParts has in stock is limited. If these guys
had a LOT of weatherstripping parts, my Mk1 would not be in need of rubber
replacement parts. The truth is that they only have a couple of pieces in
stock for the Mk1: I think door seals.

It's nice to have VeeParts in town--most of the guys there are pretty cool.
I've bought quite a bit from them over the years. But I plan to use the
Potters for my parts from now on...unless it's an emergency.

Just a little note on rubber and plastic pieces:
The rubber on my car that is deteriorating is exactly where the PO (original
owner) must have been putting his sweaty body parts. For example, the
drivers side door window rubber is falling apart where the guy must have
rested his arm as he drove around. Over the years the body sweat must have
eaten away at the rubber. I'm guessing this because the passenger side
window seal is in much, much better shape--as is the majority of the rubber,
so I shouldn't really be complaining.

My advice: SAVE YOUR RUBBER AND PLASTIC!! KEEP YOUR NAKED BODY PARTS OFF OF
IT!!

--Theron