mfg date, parts confusion

--- 16v Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:
> Yep.
>          It's just a thick mayonnaise-consistency
> stuff you apply to the
> *back* of the pad that stops it from squealing...
> works really well. :)
>
>          If you need any more help, lemme know!
>
> Jason
>

> At 05:57 PM 10/7/00 , you wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the screw and hammer advice. I've never
> >heard of that one. This antisqueal stuff is also
> new
> >to me and explains somethings from the past with an
> >'84 I once had. This stuff would be available at
> any
> >autoparts store I presume?
> >
> >Jorel Jackson

> >Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15
> Free!
> >http://photos.yahoo.com/
>

> ----------
> 1987 Scirocco 16v
> 1988 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

 The brake pads I got for my '87 16v were the wrong
kind. It turns out the right ones were the ones listed
for an '86 scirocco. The parts person asked me to look
at the manufacture date inside the driver's side door.
It read December of 1986. Despite the title, which
says '87, the parts person says this is actually a
late model '86. Ever run into this before? I notice
you have an '87 as well. Anyone else out there run
into this? I hate ending up with the wrong
parts...very frustrating.

Jorel Jackson
85 8v
87 16v