Noisy blower motor in dash

My blower motor has started to growl every now and
then and is getting worse by the day, usually when I
set it to anything past the first level. I started to
take the dash apart to check out the blower to see if
it was just something loose, but it looked to be more
of a project then I wanted to get involved in at the
time. It looks like I'll have to pull it out from the
drivers side, along with disconnecting the coolant
lines from the heater core just to get to it. I know
that damn motor cost like $320 from the dealer, and
$260 from the Potterman, I'm hoping not to have to
part with that much cash for a damn blower fan. Has
anybody else had any experience with this?

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V (Daily driver)
'64 Type 34 Karmann Ghia (Newest project)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 (The luxury mobile)