Carparts.com feedback (was RE: Airdam)

> http://www.carparts.com  has the Zender knockoffs (Xenon) for the Mk1
> going for $124.10.  Its another alternative to the Kamei or the elusive
> Zender itself.

Warning if you plan on dealing with Carparts.com:  Don't order anything you
are in a hurry to get and double check prices elsewhere.

I placed an order on 9/3/00 for 3 Neuspeed items.  Using a $50.00 off
"coupon", it was a great deal.  I received the first two items on 9/20/00.
Despite an email and online tracking saying all 3 items where shipped in one
package, only two were received. Of course they billed all 3 items.  I
immediately called and the operator processed a "replacement order" (replace
what??  I never got it!!)  After several changes in the expected ship date
("we're checking our suppliers"), it finally settled at 10/9/00.  I highly
doubt it actually shipped today.  If I don't hear anything Tuesday, I will
call Neu$speed and confirm stock, and then call Carparts.com and bitch.
Carparts.com price on this item actually went up $10.00 since I ordered,
which I think might be part of the "out of stock" problem (hoping I'll
cancel or ask for substitute item??).

Ben Harder ordered a couple things and got them in a much more timely
manner.  I think Carparts.com must deal better with ABD than Neuspeed.
Would I order again?  Probably IF the price is SO good I can deal with the
bs....  With all their discounts, they have to be losing money on a lot of
orders, so I guess I can't reasonably expect them to afford quality customer
service...

Watch here for discount "coupons" for Carparts.com:
<http://brewpubzone.com/coupon.html>

Just my experience....

Greg :)
http://www.DriversFound.com