question: ignition advance and CIS-E

The way I understand it , CIS-E runs a knock box which serves to
retard timing if the knock sensor detects knock.  So basically, the
engine management system runs full advance until knock is detected,
and then timing is retarded until no more knocking.  Correct?  With
the stock 6 degrees of advance, the system would run a MAX 6 degrees
of advance until/if knock is detected, correct?

If I set the ignition timing to 6+3 degrees advance, for a total of 9
degrees advance (from top dead center on flywheel), or, in other
words, 3 degrees advance more than stock, the CIS-E system would try
to run at 6+3 until/if knock is sensed and then it would retard timing
until no more knock.  Correct?

Anyone running 6+3 degrees on their 16vs?  Is there any advantage?  I
was running a lot of advance on my old 8v with the Euro distributor
and I like what it did for the down low power.  The great thing about
the Euro distributor was that it didn't kill my top end.

what is the verdict on 16vs?  I have a 2.0L bottom end, euro intake,
performance exhaust and will be slapping a 50mm intake on.  I was
thinking about advancing the timing a little bit to accomodate the
small loss of low end torque due to the 50mm intake.

Since I have a timing gun I can do this fairly easily.  Too bad I
don't have a G-Tech, or I would be able to post some #rs to the list.

Thanks,

Victor