Re: price/hp

Bill Scarince wrote:

> Can anyone explain why he would say this?  What is his background or
> point of view that would make this a reasonable statement?  When you >
> contrast his position against the fact that we're not all talking about
> tearing out our 16v's to do an 8v swap, something seems odd here.

There are certainly known truths in that article regarding the 16V engine.
For me, I want to swap a 16V into my Mk1 Jetta because I like the
drivability and top end breathing of the 16V.  Not to mention its cool to
swap an engine into a car that it wasn't offered in.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR