Rad Fan Not Running

I've been trying to determine why my rad fan doesn't wanna turn on when the
engine/coolant gets hot.

I've tested the thermo switch by putting it in boiling water and testing for
continuity.  When the water boiled, the multimeter buzzed telling me that
there's continuity.  Hence, the thermo switch works.  I then by passed the
thermo switch and the fan ran.  Now what?  Initially, the PO had put in  a
manual switch to turn the rad fan on and off.  During the engine swap, I
decided to ditch the manual switch and rely on the old system which is
dependent on temp.  I was onder the assumption that if the thermo switch and
the fan ran, then there should be not problems, right?  Is there anything
else that I'm missing? Thanks

Sal