hood scoop madness

I was thinking of going to the junkyard and grabbing a hood for a mk2 and
cutting it up to put a low profile hood scoop on it near where the airbox
opening is.  They only wanted $70 for it.  Anyone ever tried this?  Looking
online I couldn't find any scoops that were short enough, the only ones I
saw were 27" (made to accept a 4bbl setup).  They were only 3" tall or so
but always way too long.

Thanks
Joe

http://profiles.msn.com.