Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1547

Random things:

Drake also mfred their own 16V head that was in their opinion (prob
rightly) superior to VWs 16V.  From memory, they disliked the 90 degree
bend for the exhaust? port especially.

Someone asked about alternator bracket for no A/C swap in N. Ohio.  A
while back someone in Ohio also asked about rear brake lines on 16V.
Eurocar in Norton (near Akron) at 330/825-0826 has supplied all in the
past.  You just get $5 brake line that you have to bend yourself.  I was
told VW doesn't have the prebent stuff before.  But, use your old one as
model and just bend by hand (keep the terne coating intact...)

One caveat:

Don't bother subbing a later A2 model timed dome light for the stock
one.  I wasted about 3 hours last night and it was like some ones
signature line:  Heat, solder, wire, fuses terminals, etc.  The A2 model
is too high to fit in the 16V IME.  But the old one was cracked and I had
the newer one....

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre