Re: Snorkel boy (stirring the pot)

Alright there Mr. Mycarisinpiecesforever.

Base parameter settings is what the computer takes its BASE settings from.
When the throttle goes off idle the airflow potentiometer gives the computer
info as to the position of the airflow sensor plate. The computer then
calculates (with input from the O2 and temp sensor) the correct power needed
to feed the DPR. If the BASE setting is incorrect then all other inputs to
the computer will be null as  the input is incorrect anyway. The DPR only
controls what it can within certain parameters. IF it (the computer) doesnt
have the correct BASE settings then everything will be off. Hence, lack of
power.

So, story is as follows: Shannon adjusts his fuel mixture, Shannon notices
more power. Cant argue with that.

Not mention the fact that a CIS-E car can run with the computer disconnected
(provided the adjustments are done). That would mean NO DPR control.

Hmmmmm time to check that Haynes(underwear) manual gain there Mr. :)