Re: Tires (50mm intakes)

> mile or 0-60 run then an equivalent 16v with a 40mm.  Top speed is
> likely a different story, but I'm thinking that the greater air
> velocity of the 40mm has got it where it counts the most...like where
> most people actually drive their cars most of the time.  Don't quote

Hmm, looking at the physics behind this, I wonder if someone hasn't tried
rigging up a mechanical servo that changes the diameter of a hole (like
those doors in star trek, basically) and then controlled the servo
electronically based on RPM. Then you could have the best of both worlds
..  intake restriction and high air velocity for better atomization at low
RPMs, -and- a higher flow rate at higher RPMs. I bet it would probably
need to be placed between the head and the lower intake for maximum
effectiveness, though..

Hmm..

-Toby

--