Re: Front plate mount strategy?

Do you have euro bumpers? I think that would make a
big difference. With euro bumpers it wouldn't be a
problem. US bumpers are so much bigger...I'm not so
sure. There's a good pic of my car with a front plate
below the euro front bumper.

http://www.volksport.com/tour99.html
(2nd row down, in the middle)

The screws for the front skirt are just a little too
far appart for the plate. I had a strip of metal with
holes drilled down the centerline (I think they were
part of a car stereo mounting kit). I cut two pieces
about 3" long, and mounted each to the skirt at one
end and the plate on the other. You couldn't see the
strips behind the plate/bumper.

...or, you could just move to Florida...it worked for
me!!

Neal
'88 16v

--- Daniel Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need a State inspection sticker, but the rules
> have changed since my last
> decal. Since we are so likely to reverse away from a
> crime scene, I need to
> have a front plate, where before I did not.
>
> Anyway, should I make up a bracket to hold it up
> where it can be plainly
> seen, or use the screws that hold the front valence?
>  Using these screws
> puts the plate slightly under the front bumper.
>
> Since I have been driving for a year and a half, and
> stopped 3 times without
> (plate related) incident, I don't think it really
> matters.
>
> Any tips?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan Brideau