Front plate mount strategy?

Hi,

I need a State inspection sticker, but the rules have changed since my last
decal. Since we are so likely to reverse away from a crime scene, I need to
have a front plate, where before I did not.

Anyway, should I make up a bracket to hold it up where it can be plainly
seen, or use the screws that hold the front valence?  Using these screws
puts the plate slightly under the front bumper.

Since I have been driving for a year and a half, and stopped 3 times without
(plate related) incident, I don't think it really matters.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Dan Brideau
http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco