Re: Tires (Now1.8T)

In a message dated 10/3/2000 9:53:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ewanhopkins@hotmail.com writes:

<< and C&D got something like 7.6 0-60 out of it.
 >Yeah, right!  About 3200 lbs with "stock" 150hp 1.8t?  >>

I was just reading an article at the gym yesterday about the Golf 1.8T and
how VW purposely  underrated the 1.8t so as not to compete too much with the
VR6.  Sound logical to me, I would not pay 2 grand extra for a v6 just for a
couple more horsepower.  The  article then went on to say the found 147hp at
the Wheels of a completely stock 1.8t.  That's either Great German
engineering to only have 3 HP loss, or you know what else.  Later

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html