Re:getting further [OT] Re: Jetta's (Not GTi or Scirocco related)

In a message dated 11/30/00 4:48:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scalainj@hotmail.com writes:

<< Good analogy - Funny thing is that over here a lot of sixties and
seventies
 american muscle is used in the classic touring cars series against mainly
 Mini Coopers and some small French stuff - I'll leave you to work out what
 always wins. >>

  My money would be on the Mini Cooper, maybe even a stock Woolsley Hornet,
go figure what with the power-to-weight ratio between the Minis and old US
iron, especially that weak, lumbering 70's stuff. However,  say a Buick
GS/Skylark/California, Camero/Firebird type isn't in the "touring" class, and
are designed to go forward real fast. Touring cars are mean't to use the
power to move the whole family and luggage out to the beach house
comfortably, eventually getting up to speed.
  Rather like comparing an XK8 to Land Rover Discovery.
But then, Mini's are a pain to pull out of a Buick grill! ;)