Re: [8v] exhaust upgrade questions

> > > OK, so 8v = 2"   BUT what if you are using an 84 GTI 'big valve
> > > head' & an Audi A3 2 Liter bottom end, with cat inline and a non
> > straight through muffler on the end?
> > You change the muffler...
> > To a straighthru UltraFlo, or Borla.
> >
> > Peter
>

> No. Noise is also a consideration.
The UltraFlo isn't that loud with a cat...

> I think this is why this Swedish maker of exhausts is using the
> larger tubing because they build in baffles and such:
>
> Quote Mode ON:
>
>                    Jetex Stainless Steel Exhaust Kits
> - A Stainless steel exhaust system that doesn't roar or resonate!
>
> - But quiet doesn't have to mean boring. Simons Sportsystems have a
> unique purposeful sound that lets you know this is something
> special.
>
> - The construction is something special too, after all we build them
> in Sweden to cope with our harsh winters, so they have to be tough.
>
> - We have quietly developed a special blend of stainless steel using
> precise proportions of titanium and chromium to not only ensure
> freedom from corrosion, but also strengthen the joints and welds. Power
is
> quietly increased too!
How do you quietly increase power by changing the metals?

> - Our "absorption" principle silensers and a large diameter bore
> means less back pressure - up to 92% in some cases. A free flowing
exhaust
> means increased torque for better acceleration and improved hill
> climbing ability. (all cat back systems are 2.5 in.)
>

> QM OFF:
>
> TBerk
> Want to GO fast, don't want to SOUND fast.
I hear ya...
It sounds like a great exhaust, how much do they run?
I'm sure it is a quality exhaust, since it's made in Sweden.

Didn't you have a URL for Jetex?

Peter-Made in Sweden
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"