Re: [8v] exhaust upgrade questions

thescirocco@juno.com wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:20:50 -0800 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:
> >

> > OK, so 8v = 2"   BUT what if you are using an 84 GTI 'big valve
> > head' & an Audi A3 2 Liter bottom end, with cat inline and a non
> straight
> > through muffler on the end?
> You change the muffler...
> To a straighthru UltraFlo, or Borla.
>
> Peter

No. Noise is also a consideration.

I think this is why this Swedish maker of exhausts is using the larger
tubing because they build in baffles and such:

Quote Mode ON:

                   Jetex Stainless Steel Exhaust Kits
- A Stainless steel exhaust system that doesn't roar or resonate!

- But quiet doesn't have to mean boring. Simons Sportsystems have a
unique purposeful sound that lets you know this is something special.

- The construction is something special too, after all we build them in
Sweden to cope with our harsh winters, so they have to be tough.

- We have quietly developed a special blend of stainless steel using
precise proportions of titanium and chromium to not only ensure freedom
from corrosion, but also strengthen the joints and welds. Power is
quietly increased too!

- Our "absorption" principle silensers and a large diameter bore means
less back pressure - up to 92% in some cases. A free flowing exhaust
means increased torque for better acceleration and improved hill
climbing ability. (all cat back systems are 2.5 in.)

QM OFF:

TBerk
Want to GO fast, don't want to SOUND fast.