Re: [OT] Tool Advice "brief summary"

In general all of the off-list advice (6 or 7 responses) that I've
received is pretty much what Jason just said (see below). In
general...like with most everything else...you get what you pay for.

As for weekend mechanics (pronounced "Hacks") like myself
Ingersoll-Rand/Craftsman will do the job. (Apparently Ingersoll-Rand
manufactures some of the "higher-end" craftsman air wrenches)

As for torque requirements: minimum recommended was about 400-450
lb-ft. If I can swing it, I'll go for the 600 lb-ft model from IR.

As for other advice from listers that I will probably follow...for
starters a 1/4" air ratchet will probably more useful 3/8". (I find I
use my standard 1/4" more than my 3/8" anyhow) Though at some point I'd
like to get the 3/8" to use with some of my "specialty" sockets such as
hex key sockets.

Oil the tools regularly and for God's sake use ear and eye protection.

Air Compressors: of the listers that shared their (2, I think)
information the only brand mentioned was Craftsman. Which is also what
I received. The bigger the tank the less often it will kick on (i.e. it
will be quieter for longer periods.)

Thanks for all the input!
-Keith