Re: 8v Top Speed Question (different than the usual)

"Lee F." wrote:

<snip>
> Ok, so the GX engine is suppose to be weak.  The top speed of the JH (so it
> says is some car magazines) is around 108.  I had my car up to around 117
> mph and I know there may be some speedo error, but judging by the tach it
> seems very accurate.  The car was very smooth and quiet until about 105 and
> then got loud near the front (assuming it is the toilet bowl restricting
> exhaust)....
> Lee Folkman

JH but in what context? The Mk2? I have a JH in my Mk1 and can out run
my 100 MPH speedo easily, all day long. (Prob should get my valves done
though). And the Mk2 is supposed to have a lower 'brick in the wind' factor.

I think there is posted data & then real life.

Besides at such speeds you have more than breathing of the engine to
worry about, there is draaaaaaag to concern your self with. Body trim,
tires and rims, the whole undercarriage is a mess aerodynamically speaking.

make it smoother, you'll go faster with the same HP output.

But, to respond to the single down pipe- REPLACE IT WITH A DUAL.

TBerk
btw- My Roc had a slight fender (un)bender with the wabbit last nite;
seems the ground got soggy and the jack stands started tipping over.
<sigh> All is well though.