Re: oil pump prime

> >    An even easier way is to remove the coil wire from the
> distributor,
> > crank
> > the motor for about 10-15 seconds, stop for a few and repeat.
> Reconnect
> > coil
> > wire to distributor.
> >

> Yeah, but what good does that do? You're still cranking the motor
> with no
> lubrication.

(I didn't read the original post, so this may not apply BUT...)  If
you're trying to prime a freshly rebuilt motor, prime it before you put
the timing belt on. Spin the balance/intermediate shaft pulley clockwise
by drill for a minute or so and then install the belt. This should get
oil to the journals that you should have lubricared before installing.
Then, before you crank it with the coil wire removed, pull the plugs and
squirt some 'Marvels Mystery Oil' into each cylinder.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/