Re: Congratulate me. I own a new 'roc!

--- Mike VanAmburgh <vwvr6r@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That sounds exactly like the Scala I had in Germany.  It
> was an 89, and also
> dark blue with the dark blue/red striped seats.  Sounds
> like the Slegato is
> just another name for the Scala (color matched
> interior/exterior).

Basically, that's true, the Slegato was a Canadian-only,
"re-badged" Scala.  Colour matched interior / rims, 16v
kit, 8v.  The Scala was available in the aforementioned
blue (I forget the name of it), Paprika Red, and Alpine
White...   I've never seen a white Slegato, but they may
exist.

Since I can't get either of these models, I'm slowly
molding my 16v into a Scala look-alike.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"Money doesn't buy you any friends, but it will get you a better class of enemy."