Re: idle problems

What climate are you in?  My VW always changes its idle patterns when winter
sets in (i.e. I am waaay up north, 300 miles NE of Minneapolis).  If it is
cold out when you start your car, it could be your cold start regulator, or
the aux air flow valve.  I have also seen oil buildup on the airflow plate
cause the idle to flux like you described.  Other than that, just make sure
there are no ait leaks in the intake system.  The bently has the procedure
for checking the components I mentioned above.

Ben
86 8v
84 8v