Oddball '84s

For a long time, I didn't know what year my car was, but here are the stats.
Built in February '84
Small spare, big tank
No transfer pump (Bosch pump and accumulator on the right side of the car, near the rear tire, direct pump out of the tank)
Small wing
Relay/fuse panel (fuses along the bottom edge of the fuse panel, separate fuel pump relay/fuse [or, the fuse is not built onto the relay])
The last 6 digits of my VIN are: 026 868

Some more stuff....

The clicking is probably from the vacuum switch, there's 2 mounted , on
the passenger strut tower.
Ones for when you turn the a/c on, it bumps up the idle a little, but I
don't know off hand what the 2nd one is for.

Actually, these are both idle control relays, one is for low idle adjustment (opens vacuum and increases idle if it drops below 750 [i.e. if A/C is turned on, or if there is any other kind of sudden drain on the alternator]), the other is a idle reducer if it goes above 1050.

I also have the Bentley for the Rocco, GTi, Rabbit, Jetta, Truck and Cabby, 1981-1984.  Some of the things in mine are outdated for my car (and yours, as well), because of the model change.  I'm asking for the next Bentley in the series for Christmas =o)

I've seen 3 different '84 Scirocco types:
Early '84's have the old fuse panel with the piggy-backed relays, as
shown in the '80-84 Bentley.
Mid '84's have the new fuse/relay panel.
Late '84's have the larger tank, w/transfer fuel pump, spacesaver tire,
different exhaust and hangers,
and I think they came with the big rear spoiler.

I think all the late '84's were built 01/84 and later.

Based on my car, I'd have to say mine is a mid-model '84, I think late model '84s were built at least after February.

To our cars with identity crises!!!

Nate
'84 8v