Re: idle click

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:05:11 -0500 "Foxx (in a box)"
<foxxinabox@core.com> writes:
> > i'm also wondering if i got the right bentley for my car off eBay.
> > Its for 82-84's, but some of the items (such as sunroof diagrams)
dont
> > match my car at all.  was '84 a change year of any kind, i mean, if
my car was
> > manufactured late in '84 would an '85-on manual be more appropriate?
The clicking is probably from the vaccuum switch, there's 2 mounted , on
the passenger strut tower.
Ones for when you turn the a/c on, it bumps up the idle a little, but I
don't know off hand what the 2nd one is for.

>   is your car a wolfburg or a high serial number? seems like most of
> the later sciroccos were much like the '85 and up. i know the engines
> look different and some have the larger fuel tank. i'd bet there was a
> line change in 84.5 or so. you can also check the manufacture plate on
the
> driver side door to find out when your car was made specifically.
> good
> luck.
Deja vue... The '84 oddball.

Only late '84 Sciroccos had the larger tank, it goes by the last 6 digits
of the VIN number, 022 075 and later.

My '84 Scirocco is 015 254, what is your VIN number?

I've seen 3 different '84 Scirocco types:
Early '84's have the old fuse panel with the piggy-backed relays, as
shown in the '80-84 Bentley.
Mid '84's have the new fuse/relay panel.
Late '84's have the larger tank, w/transfer fuel pump, spacesaver tire,
different exhaust and hangers,
and I think they came with the big rear spoiler.

I think all the late '84's were built 01/84 and later.

Nate, what are the last 6 VIN digits on your 2/84 Scirocco?

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF