Re: leaky sending unit?

In a message dated 11/23/2000 4:56:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rocco2nr@hotmail.com writes:

<< I just traced a big oil leak back to one or both of my oil pressure idiot
 light sending units.  Are these things known to spring leaks?

Most definitely.  Mine blew a leak 6 months ago. Puked out a quart of oil in
two days.  Made a f#$king mess of the bottom of the car too.  It was the high
pressure one that leaked, (the one closest to the front of the car). Was
around 12 bucks from my local VW part supplier. Id imagine it is more from
the dealer.  Real easy to change too.

I ate way too much turkey and other stuff today.  Happy Thanksgiving all.

Brian 86 16v
http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr

http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html