Removing AC

Hey all.

I'm in the process of ripping my 16v apart to clean
stuff, change stuff, and make it faster. I wanna ditch
the A/C because it's useless, doesn't work, and takes
away precious HP. I removed the lines from the compressor
so far, took out the rad for the AC, that tank on the pass
side of the car on the bottom. The lines that go into the car
go into a black box correct? Is it basically just rip it out
and forget about it or is there anything else I gotta remove?
Relay near the battery, wires, stuff like that?

Thanks

Paul
87' Scirocco 16v
86' Dirtrocco