idle click

when my idle intermitently fluctuates up and down, i hear a click sound from
under the hood on the passengers side.  I've located the "thing" that's
doing it, but cannot find out what it is in my Bentley.  any ideas?

i'm also wondering if i got the right bentley for my car off eBay.  Its for
82-84's, but some of the items (such as sunroof diagrams) dont match my car
at all.  was '84 a change year of any kind, i mean, if my car was
manufactured late in '84 would an '85-on manual be more appropriate?

thanks

Greg

--
Greg Coan