Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1595

RE:  R&R ing 16V antenna lead.

Yes you can totally remove the old wire, but often there is nothing
wrong with the cable.  I terminated my old one with a FUBA supplied
splice to use a newer replacement base.  Then you don't fool with the
reamainder of the cable run.  Dunno about the Hirschman, though.  If its
fender mount, I'd leave the old roof run in place.

RE:  Swapping 82 8V struts for 16V.  IMO, the 16V had stiffer front
springs, so you might loose that (unless you've got uprated front springs
on the 8V struts).  And, dunno if its bible truth, but GTi and 16V strut
housings had lower spring perch mounting (found out the hard way).  Then
again, measure or try out.  Its not tough.

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre