It *was* a success!

Got the 16v recovered from Long Island on Saturday.  It was quite a day!

Left at 7am from DC, went to Baltimore to pick up a TT Jetta exhaust at a
friend's house (that added an extra hour to the trip).  Arrived at UHaul at
about 2:30pm (driving Chevy Suburban for tow vehicle - OINK!).  They *did*
have the auto trailer for me!  Got the 16v saddled up by 4pm at the guy's
house; comforted him for a bit as he weeped...  Headed off for NYC (cause
you can't drive certain roads with trailers) and all the party traffic
heading into the city <groan>.  Everyone behind us pays heed to the trailer
impinging on their lanes (tiny lanes at that) and only a few try quick
darting passes.  Out of NYC (BQE) and on to Peter's house in DE for a parts
swap (the TT exhaust).  Arrive there at 8:30pm.  Look at his Mk1's and chat
a bit (almost are eaten by his dogs!!! hehe) and hit the road at 9pm.
Arrive in suburban DC around 11pm.  A real long 16 hour trip for my 16v, but
it was worth it.

Here's what was cool - my father (age 59) and I drove up there together;
he's the one that got me started in cars.  We had a blast.  I thanked him
and told him I didn't think too many fathers were cool enough to do
something like that.

So.... now I got the 16v....

"but now.. tell me.... are you...  (16v) Experienced???"

-PK

"C'est la Vie(W)"