Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1593

RE:  Fans/ other

You do not have to disable the factory switch to have an on-dash aux fan
motor switch.  Have one on my fSP GTi with indicator light when its on.
Other autoxer also have aftermarket (or no) fans, Marc Sommer in Toledo
for instance.  Summit also sells lotsa fans in addition to dual fans.
But I'd recommend KISS and stay stock.
And ensure that the stock or similar ducting is in place to ensure the
air does go thorugh radiator....
Fuses in fan supply lead are also good things.

POR or other rust conversion products are good things.  But, they don't
publicize the fact that the intended life span of some of the products is
two years (talking with 800# person on RustOleums product).  Caveat emptor.

 -- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre