Re: looking for a 2.0 L

In a message dated 11/19/00 12:54:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocco@powerlink.net writes:

<< >(whatever that thing is called since I'm not looking at the manual)
 Proportioning valve?  If so you'll need one for a Rocc, the GTI ones are an
 axle mounted/load sensing deal, whereass the Scirocco ones are mounted to
 the MC.  Remember if you have and 8V and are going to install the rear
 discs you should upgrade the MC.

  I was hoping the Rocco proportioning valve would cover that. When I started
cleaning up the floorboards I noticed one of the brake lines was well rusted,
to the point that when I started scraping the rust off, fluid came through.
Quick trip to Pick-n-Pull in Reno and a set of 80 or 81 rear brake lines and
the valve were then added to my car.
  I went out yesterday to look at the GTI's valve and yes, I thought that it
would be a bit much to pull the rear suspension for it's proportioning valve.
  I did try getting an A2 throtle body, wound up one of the bolts was already
stripped,  it's the lower of the two near the firewall. Found that after the
other three were already out and had left my vice grips at home. Found the TB
in a Jetta in the same state, minus three bolts and the last one stripped. Oh
well, more to look for later.

Thanx!
Carl
77Rocco