Re: What engine do i have?

At 03:19 PM 11/17/00 -0500, EvoSW@aol.com wrote:
>Hey Guys, i jsut bought a 1982 Scirocco with a 16v swap. The guy didnt
finish
>it and needed to pay his house payment so i picked it up for $450. I have a
>few questions, one, can you tell me how i can tell which engine I have?
>whether it is a 1.8 or 2.8

Well there isn't a 2.8.  So it's either a 1.8 or a 2.0.  Does the block
bubble out in the back for each cylinder?  If so it's a 2.0; if not- 1.8.

and whether it is CIS, CIS-E or Motronic?

If he did the swap right it will be a CIS-E or Motronic, if it's CIS then
there are some problems.

One last
>thing, the car bucks like crazy and stutters and goes nowhere when i try to
>accel, it acclerates only when pressing the gas about 1/8 the way down,
after
>that it stutters and bucks. Any Ideas? Thanks a ton.
>
>-Matt
> 82 Scirocco 16v
> 90 Corrado Turbo
Swapped out the supercharger for a turbo on the Corrado?  Cool.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4
'86 Scirocco 8V