Re: looking for a 2.0 L

At 12:05 PM 11/17/00 -0500, Cmr446@cs.com wrote:
>  What years and models of VW and Audi had the 2 litre 8V motors?
>
>Oh yeah, I managed to pick up a set of rear spindles and calipers off an 86
>GTI for $25 today, now all I need are the rebuild kits and someone with a
>media blaster.

I don't believe there are any rebuild kits for the rear calipers;  We all
just keep buying rebuilt calipers.

 I supose I should go and get the pressure/compensator block
>(whatever that thing is called since I'm not looking at the manual)
Proportioning valve?  If so you'll need one for a Rocc, the GTI ones are an
axle mounted/load sensing deal, whereass the Scirocco ones are mounted to
the MC.  Remember if you have and 8V and are going to install the rear
discs you should upgrade the MC.

John
Mandy and John Worden