RE: 1.8T conversion

please add to this...

OK

> Goal:  To install a stock 1.8T motor into a mk1 (or
> mk2) Scirocco.

> From what I have gathered,
>
> -The engine needed would be a non DBW (Passat or A4)
> and will physically

You can use DBW you just have to mount in the gas
pedal from the donor car

> fit using the stock motor mounts.

Yup!  gotta love how some things don't change
> -A custom downpipe is needed to relocate the turbo
> and to fit the a1
> chassis.

The Golf/jetta/beetle manifold may work perfectly?
The audi one is a definate no fit.

> -A beetle intake manifold is needed...?
  or tt whichever you prefer.

> Now for my questions...
> -Can the stock fuel pumps be used...?

supplys plenty of fuel to my friends KO4 equiped 1.8 T

> -would you have to re-route the main fuel line?

Yes. YOu just need to run it to the fuel rail
> -would a 16v radiator be suficient for the cooling

the upper hose is definatly going to be a custom or
swapped piece

> needs?
> -would you need a custom intercooler?

You can use the factory one

> -is a custom oil cooler *needed*?

use the factory one to begin with

> *I am directing these questions towards a "stock"
> 1.8t and not
> a 250+ hp 1.8t setup... just for simplicity.

If you make it this far might as well get a chip.  the
torque is insane.  Disclaimer YMMV.  But I have seen a
MKI 20v go together.  I hope anyone doing the swap has
lots of time.  Very time consuming.

Tony